Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1

First day of Advent 2014. I haven't blogged in 11 months. Probably a good reflection of how I've felt about this year. So many words locked inside me. Turmoil and trouble. Layer upon layer.

The Advent book beside me proclaims, "the promise of His presence." Matthew 1:25 - "The virgin will...give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel - which means, "God with us."

Lord, be with me. Lord, be with Matthew. Lord, be with Todd.

I need Immanuel more than ever before. It seems as we age we also become more keenly aware of our need, and our inadequacy. At least that is my experience. Fragile. Vulnerable. Aware.

So much life lived, more than half. Lord, be with us as we traverse this holiday season, the end of this very challenging semester, as we exit Fall for Winter, as we struggle against colds that won't quit. You are here and present...let us breathe your holy presence in to fill us with peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment