Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2, 2015

I'm of the age when the difference between Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 is, well, 24 hours. I don't stay up and I rarely party. But that doesn't mean this isn't a marker or a milestone. 2014 was such a year and it followed close on the heels of 2013 which was also another such year. I'm ready for 2015 to be a bit less memorable for all the wrong reasons. But if it is, He is faithful. That's just truth. Truth in 2013 and in 2014, and in all the years before and to come.

I have so many dreams for this year. Things I want to accomplish and enjoy. Things I want to do differently. Things I want to do more of and some I want to do less of.

This is the year I will send my one and only off to college. The infant I wasn't sure would survive his first weeks is now preparing for the start of his last semester in high school and taking all college transferable classes. Crazy. But if I have/am learning anything it is that he is resilient. I am amazed at his ability to rebound from adversity while always pursuing relationships and community.

I know that 2015 will have it's hurdles. Don't they all. Not just new years but all years. They all do. I just want to make a few choices to help navigate those bumps and lows; dare I say better.

So happy new year. For today, it is. But really I should say joy-filled new year, anchored in this truth:

Now (in my today and all the todays to come in 2015) to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we or ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within (me), to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Eph. 3:20-21)



No comments:

Post a Comment