Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Burning in the Bush

I have much on my mind. So much change in the wind and then altogether stuck - all at the same time. So much security that I've always counted on is not security at all. I no longer have the carefree attitude of one who draws a regular, predictable paycheck. I am married to a man who walked away from a corporate career when God spoke to him in a proverbial burning burn. So we serve.

I spent the afternoon talking with a friend who must choose between security and hope. So many tough and unfair things have crossed her path over the years; many too recently. How to choose when another life is your responsibility and you have no one else to fall back on. Just God. Thank God. Just God.

Me too. I am undoing the false gods; they are burning in that bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment