Monday, December 31, 2012

Breathing Out (2012) and Breathing In (2013)

I think perhaps New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are my favorite holiday. We rarely leave our home on New Year's Eve and are often in bed by 10 p.m.; New Year's Day is typically camped in front of the TV watching our favorite sport - football. But these magical two days for me are like a deep breath inhaled and released. It's like a clean house. A new beginning. A letting go. A heart-felt "I forgive you." New. Wonder. Opportunity. Mystery. Adventure. That's 2013 for me. Tomorrow.

Today, I have memories. And here are a few of my favorite things from 2012.

Music:
Live Like That, Sidewalk Prophets
A Way to See in the Dark, Jason Gray

Books:
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, Ann Voskamp
Sit, Walk, Stand, Watchman Nee

Movies:
The Hobbit - oh how will I wait until next year for part two...might just need to do a Lord of the Rings marathon!
Lincoln - brilliant

TV:
Scandal - a guilty pleasure for this public relations veteran watching a smart, saavy crisis communications professional like Olivia Pope.
Homeland Season 1 - we broke down and got Season One (thank you ebay); it took a bit to get into but now I'm hooked.

Theater:
Fences @ DCPA
Memphis @ DCPA

Creative Pursuits:
Learned how to knit
Discovered the joy of spray paint
Zumba with Todd - it was creative and filled with laughter

Travels:
Banff, Canada
Calgary Stampede

Work:
Strategy and smart people...thank you GHX, what a great year!

Events:
Teaching the ODF Women's Retreat and leading the Saturday Bible Study
Defined By God Conference for pastor's wives (San Diego, Ca) - if you have the chance to hear Lisa Chan, do it!

Happy Memories:
Cheering on Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos
Trips to San Diego to visit my parents
Finding a great tutor for Matthew
When Health Clean housecleaners rescued me
Putzing around the gardening

(Thank you Gary Mullins for your amazing picture at the Grand Canyon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment