Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Learning to Downsize, Organize and Live Simply

I can't believe that I haven't written here in 14 days...I've been busy. And that's a good thing. Lots of work hours and a lot of clutter busting. That's my big goal for 2012...thin out our belongings so we can spend more time belonging together.

Last Saturday morning while the snow was falling I dug into one of my many organization books. Organize Now! "A week-by-week guide to simplify your space and your life" by Jennifer Ford Berry.  Yes, I have quite a collection of these types of book right now.  I got so many great ideas -- I'll be changing up my linen closet and bathroom cupboards today based on those ideas. 

For those of you also working on honing your organization skills, purging all your extra stuff, living more simply or simply preparing to do some spring cleaning, here are a few of my favorite books.

Downsize and De-clutter
It's All Too Much: An easy plan for living a richer life with less stuff - Peter Walsh
Enough Already!: Clearing mental clutter to become the best you - Peter Walsh
Too Much Stuff: Decluttering your heart and your home - Kathryn Porter
Living with Less: The upside of downsizing your life - Mark Tabb

Organize
Organize Now!: A week-by-week guide to simplify your space and your life - Jennifer Ford Berry
Smart Organizing: Simple strategies for bringing order to your home - Sandra Felton
The House that Cleans Itself: Creative solutions for a clean and orderly house...in less time than you imagine! - Minday Starns Clark
Real Simple Solutions - Real Simple
Go Organize!: Conquer clutter in 3 easy steps - Marilyn Bohn

Living in Simplicity
Simplicity - Mindy Caliguire
Real Simplicity - Roxanne and Randy Frazee
The Holy Way: Practices for a simple life - Paula Huston
The Joy of Simple Living - Jeff Davidson
Secrets of Simplicity: Learn to live better with less - Mary Carlomagno
Consumer Detox: Less stuff more life - Mark Bowley
Simplify: 106 ways to uncomplicate your life - Paul Borthwick
Lighten Up: Love what you have, have what you need, be happier with less - Peter Walsh
1/2 Price Living - Ellie Kay

I was able to get many of these great books at the library (yes, Douglas County Library is amazing). I hope you find something interesting here that can help you learn to downsize, organize and live simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment