Tuesday, January 17, 2012

All is Grace

The title says everything, "All is Grace." I hope you've read something by Brennan Manning - Ragamuffin Gospel, Abba's Child, Ruthless Trust, The Importance of Being Foolish, Patched Together, The Furious Longing for God, Souvenirs of Solitude, A Glimpse of Jesus, The Rabbi's Heartbeat, Relentless Tenderness of Jesus, The Wisdom of Tenderness, The Signature of Jesus, or The Boy Who Cried Abba. If not, start with Ragamuffin Gospel. It's my personal favorite - amazing.

I still remember reading Ragamuffin for the first time. Brilliant. It was the antidote to perfectionism and my incessent feelings of inadequacy; that sense that I could never measure up. Brennan wrote a story for sinners. People like me. And I loved it.

All is Grace is Brennan's memoir. Oh, what a story. I wasn't prepared to read about all he's been through; the depth of his struggles. But it made me appreciate even more Ragmuffin and the rest of the books he's penned. It also helped me understand the many friends at Open Door Fellowship who struggle with a lifelong battle with alcohol. Brennan's story also reinforced my belief that God uses people in spite of their failings.

I don't want to spoil any part of this fabulous book...but read it and be blessed.  All is grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment